1. Pot is addictive.
People have been trying to claim this for years. Marijuana is not an addictive substance. No one’s getting the shakes because they didn’t get their fix for the day.
2. Stoners are fat and lazy.
A lot of people try to say that all stoners look like “The Guy On The Couch,” when in reality a lot of very active people, including professional athletes, use cannabis for it’s anti-inflammatory and pain relief qualities. And also because it’s amazing.
3. People who smoke pot will never amount to anything.
Umm, Steve Jobs anyone? Or maybe Carl Sagan.
4. Smoking weed is bad for you.
We’re not going to get into the science behind it, well, because we already did. See In The Know: Smoking Weed And Your Lungs. Also, just eat your weed or vape like all of the other millennials.
5. Marijuana is a gateway into a troubled lifestyle.
Yes, because peaceful hippies and intellects are very dangerous.
6. There is no real medicinal purpose.
Half of the country disagrees with you, so whoever really believes this needs to let it go.
7. THC gets stored in your fat cells and can affect you days, or even weeks, later.
What? No one is having pot “flashbacks.”
8. Marijuana affects the memory.
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that marijuana has long term or permanent affects on the memory.
9. Weed kills brain cells.
Cannabis does not cause any actual profound changes in a person’s mental ability.
10. Weed is, like, super strong nowadays.
Even if the potency were greatly higher now, which it is not (there’s just more testing now), it would actually make little difference to the person ingesting it.
11. Weed is legal in Holland.
Not quite, they’re just really good at looking the other way. In fact, it’s an official policy.
12. Edibles get you “higher.”
While it may certainly seem like it, edibles just give you a different, longer lasting high.
13. “420” actually commemorates the death of Bob Marley.
It’s called Snopes, guys. Come on, now.
14. The police dispatch code for smoking weed is “420.”
Nope, there is no “420” code for police.
15. And, finally, women can’t smoke as much as men.