What: Pax Vaporizer by Ploom
With the mobile vaporizer market growing like a towering 10 foot plant of some premium Mary Jane, we decided to see what all of the fuss was about and picked up a Pax Portable Vaporizer by Ploom. One of the hottest vaporizers on the market, Pax comes with quite a reputation so we were excited to get our hands, or lips, on a new product from the ever evolving mobile vaporizer market.
About the Product
Right off of the bat, the Pax reminds you of something you would find in an Apple Store or as a movie prop for some futuristic Sci-Fi. Made of anodized aluminum and coming in three different colors(Black, Purple, Blue), the brushed exterior gives it a very modern and sexy appearance. Easy to hold, and very pocket friendly, the Pax should be good for on the go users. And with three different temperature settings available, each with its own set color, it is also easy to adjust to accommodate the density of the flower being used. Let's test this puppy out...
- An easy fill chamber makes filling and refilling the vape extremely easy and hassle free which can be a problem with other vapes.
- Its power on/off feature is probably its most insane feature overall. Power on easily by pushing the mouthpiece(mouthpiece pops out for vaping), and power off by pushing the mouthpiece in(hides mouthpiece). Simple yet innovative. Steve Jobs would be proud.
- Once the light turns green you are good to go. No button needs to be pushed to initiate the vape, just a simple inhale, or five, does the trick.
- Pax comes with an unheard of 10 year warranty. Yup you read that right. 10 Years. Way above and beyond what other competitors offer.
- The main component of a vaporizers grade should be the pull. Too bad for Pax because for $249 we were expecting a better rip than this. Minimal smoke intake even after changing the temperature settings definitely left us a little disappointed.
- Each bowl only lasts 2-4 puffs, which can be a drag refilling your bowl all day. Mixing up the bowl after 2 hits did extend the length of the bowl another couple of hits, however not long enough to last you much longer.
- Not concentrate capable, which is very disappointing for a modern vaporizer. Most of the current mobile vaporizers have evolved to be able to compensate for both flower and concentrates by having duel replaceable chambers, one for each.
- Base of vape gets hot and begins to burn lips after continued usage.
Everything about the Pax is amaze-balls...until you use it. Too bad for Pax, we rate our vapes on use and not looks. While the Pax looks nice and modern, minimal smoke intake, price, and the limited length of each bowl, overshadow the innovative on/off system. We could see the Pax being a good option for on the go users, however for a go to vaporizer, your money is best spent elsewhere.
Grade: 3 out of 5 Nugs
Checkout the Ploom website here for other products from the company!